Imorting maicha Blog Demo Content
How to Import the Demo Content
You can download demo data for maicha blog theme (free version) from the following link
What you need to do is follow the instructions that are taken from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website. To import from a WordPress export file into your blog follow these steps.
How to Use the XML File to Import the Demo Site’s Content
1) Log into your site as an administrator.
2) Make sure you activated your new theme before proceeding.
3) Go to Tools → Import
4) Choose “WordPress” from the list.
5) Upload the demo content .xml using the form provided on that page.
6) You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
Please be patient while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages and Menus are imported. You will need to assign the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets. This is a limitation of WordPress’ import system.
How to Use the DAT File to Import the Demo Site’s Customizer Data
1) You first need to download Customizer Import/Export plugin.You can download it from here https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/
2) Install the plugin and activate it
3) Go to Appearance > Customizer to launch the Customizer.
4) Click on Export/Import in the Customizer.
5) Click on Choose File and browser to locate the export file you saved on your computer.
6) Select “Download and import image files” and then click Import.
7) This will import all settings handle by theme’s Customizer.
It doesn’t import any settings that aren’t stored as theme mods. For example, it can’t handle widget settings, “Site Title & Tagline” information or custom menus.
Any custom theme settings created by theme developers that are defined as options instead of theme mods can’t be imported.
Important Note: After importing both xml and dat file, Go to Appearance/Customize and then go to Homepage Settings.Choose A static page radio button then in Homepage dropdown Select page called Home from the list